NIRI is seeking a proactive sales and marketing assistant to support NIRI in its business growth strategies. In this role you will be responsible for developing sector specific content and messaging to promote NIRI’s world-leading scientific services and technologies within a variety of sectors, including the automotive, healthcare, hygiene, sports, and apparel sectors.
You will support the Commercial team in all day-to-day activities which help NIRI in reaching newly identified business opportunities, in nurturing existing relationships and in engaging with customers across a broad range of technical fields. You’ll be joining the company during its growth transition, and you will have an exciting opportunity to help shape how NIRI engages with companies, helping them to innovate and to develop more sustainable products.
Founded in 2005, the Nonwovens Innovation and Research Institute Ltd, branded as NIRI, has grown into the world’s leading consultancy business focused on the development of nonwoven products and processes. Having now completed over 950 projects for 400 different companies, NIRI has a proven reputation for developing innovative, commercially viable products, helping companies to improve and grow their businesses. Our multidisciplinary team of experts work collaboratively with clients to deliver customised, sustainable and high-performance nonwoven solutions.
- Assisting in marketing campaigns and the development of marketing strategies.
- Researching organisations and matching them to appropriate NIRI services and technologies.
- Supporting the addition of new companies and prospects to the CRM.
- Supporting the maintenance of the CRM and WordPress CMS.
- Preparing mailshots and targeted mailings using MailChimp.
- Preparing and helping manage social media calendars using Buffer.
- Compose and post social media campaigns and perform targeted marketing using Linkedin Ads.
- Prepare reports on relevant mailshot and social media metrics to help support decision making.
- Support the preparation of presentations for conferences and events.
- Support the generation of graphics, charts, and images for use in marketing material.
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc) which augment the company’s presence in the target market or sector.
- Attend and assist with the co-ordination of events and exhibitions.
- Provide operational and administrative support, assisting in the day-to-day running of the commercial team.
Qualifications, Experience and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrable ability to conduct own research and present findings in a concise form.
- Proven experience in preparing reports and presentations.
- Experience in designing visual communication materials (photos, logos, graphics and layouts).
- Knowledge of SEO principles and keyword research are beneficial.
- Experience using a content management system (i.e. WordPress).
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Previous experience working within a technical or scientific field is desirable.
- Familiarity with CRM tools, RS Feeds, Online Analytics, Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads, Mailchimp, and Buffer, coupled with a willingness to learn their usage.
- Knowledge of Adobe photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or Canva is desirable.
- Works well in teams and collaborating with others.
- Open, honest, and trustworthy.
- Adhere to our strict confidentiality policy.
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Work independently and with others.
Innovation is key to our success, so we request and instil idea generation throughout the company at all levels. Creativity, problem solving and developing new concepts is what we live and breathe. Collaboration underpins this, so staff work and move around the organisation working on different projects often more than one at a time. We seek individuals who are curious, ask questions, want to share ideas, and learn. Many of the staff are from a diverse range of scientific backgrounds, so learning from each other is paramount to supporting the development of new products which drive innovation and impact on our success. Learning, development, and support underpin this, so training is core to the business. This is developed through formal training on site, and education through external organisations.
You will be at the forefront of materials and technical textile innovation, working with industry leading experts and representing NIRI on a global basis. NIRI offers a competitive salary, career development and flexible working options, including the opportunity to combine working from home with working from our new facility based in Leeds. A pension, health-care and a performance related bonus scheme also form part of the package.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 + Bonus (depending on capability and experience)