NIRI specialises in developing novel fibre-based materials for some of the world’s leading companies. These materials are used in many applications including medical and healthcare, automotive, construction, consumer goods, filtration and military. We are an established but rapidly growing company and we now require a laboratory technologist to assist in all aspects of prototyping, characterisation and testing of new materials.
This role offers a unique opportunity for candidates to utilise their background in science and gain hands-on experience in an exciting and fast-moving research and development environment. The role requires high levels of attention to detail and observational skills expected in a scientific laboratory but also problem solving and critical thinking abilities as part of a multi-functional team. The role offers an excellent opportunity for career progression with extensive training and the opportunity to expand the role over time.
Skills, Qualification & Personal Qualities
- A passion for science and willingness to learn new skills.
- Minimum grade C GCSEs in Maths and English and B in Dual or Triple Science.
- Computing skills – minimum: Office (excel, word, etc)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible with an ability to demonstrate a logical approach to solving problems.
- Clean and tidy appearance with a good work ethic
- Awareness of health and safety procedures in a laboratory environment.
- Methodical with an attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-critical and to request assistance when required.
- Polite and professional in all personal interactions.
- Excellent planning, time management skills and proven record of reliability
- Honesty and integrity (references will be sought)
- Some previous laboratory experience.
- A-level science, OND, HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Degree in an applicable science subject, e.g., textile science, chemistry, polymer science, materials, biomedical science.
- Assisting in the development of new products and processes.
- Operation of laboratory testing equipment and pilot manufacturing facilities.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict testing methodologies.
- Preparation of sample materials for analysis and testing in a timely manner.
- Ability to accurately and meticulously record and report experimental data.
- Ensuring that the laboratories are kept clean, well-stocked and to maintain accurate records.
- Use of computers for performing mathematical calculations, statistical data processing and the preparation of graphs and other data analysis activities, training will be provided as required.
- Financially stable company with an opportunity to grow with the company.
- Positive working environment with great team support.
- Unique opportunity to learn and enhance scientific skills.
- Performance related bonus and pension, private healthcare.
- Daily interaction with skilled scientists and engineers.
- Working on varied tasks with the opportunity to participate in many different technical projects.
- Invaluable, career-enhancing training and supervision by experienced world-class R&D professionals will be provided.
To apply, please send your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com