NIRI Ltd (Nonwovens Innovation and Research Institute Ltd) is looking for a talented and motivated Innovation Scientist to join their team. The main focus of the role will be to support multiple commercially focused R+D projects for a wide range of industries. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a fresh challenge in research and development.
The role would suit a graduate in an engineering discipline with at least a MSc qualification in textile science and technology, or materials science or a related engineering discipline, with some years of experience working in related industries. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and able to show evidence of excellent technical, scientific, analytical and problem-solving capabilities and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
The key responsibilities of an Innovation Scientist include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the design and development of new nonwoven products, processes and services. Leading the development of new innovative concepts paying particular attention to commercial viability and the client’s needs.
- Understanding fundamental scientific principles and applying them to solve challenging problems with sector specific relevance. Ensuring the application of robust technical and scientific thinking. Using advanced analytical skills, data analysis and correlation to support objective decision making.
- Applying appropriate project management tools and techniques to track progress and hit milestones. Planning and managing scale-up trials. Guidance of the project team (internal and client). Leading and conducting client update meetings.
- Compiling high quality, commercially relevant, technical reports that address the client’s needs with laser focus. Presenting results and data to all levels of clients’ organisations over web conference and in person. Supporting the CInO as an advocate of NIRI’s culture of excellence.
Founded in 2005, the Nonwovens Innovation and Research Institute Ltd (NIRI) has grown quickly into the world’s leading consultancy business focused on the development of nonwoven products and processes. Having now completed over 750 projects for 350 different companies, NIRI has a proven reputation for developing innovative, commercially viable products, helping companies to improve and grow their businesses.
The key skills and qualities of an Innovation Scientist:
- A high standard of work ethics: approaching tasks diligently with the emphasis on always delivering the best possible solution, being objective and honest
- Enthusiasm in learning: actively contributing to your learning process by independently researching technical topics, and contributing to the wide range of training provided
- Gaining experience: utilising the experience and developing skills in delivering a wide range of tasks on diverse projects
- Essential team member: embracing a collaborative approach to solve technical challenges as a vital part of a small team, liaising with NIRI lab team and management to deliver projects
- Considered opinion: considering others’ perspectives supported by objective facts, evidence from literature, other staff experiences and client perspective
- Passion: being inspired by innovation and transformational ideas and able to pass this on to others around you
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.