Join Our Team as a Business Development Manager
We are currently seeking a proactive and talented Business Development Manager to join our team and represent our brand globally. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building strong relationships with potential clients, nurturing repeat business and promoting NIRI’s innovative services. You will play a crucial role in driving the growth and expansion of NIRI. You’ll be joining the company during its growth transition, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and assist in delivering the commercial strategy. NIRI has recently extended its applied chemistry capabilities and expertise and there is an opportunity to take ownership of the business development aspects of this initiative.
Founded in 2005, the Nonwovens Innovation and Research Institute Ltd, branded as NIRI, has grown into the world’s leading consultancy business focused on the development of nonwoven products and processes. Having now completed over 950 projects for 400 different companies, NIRI has a proven reputation for developing innovative, commercially viable products, helping companies to improve and grow their businesses. Our multidisciplinary team of experts work collaboratively with clients to deliver customised, sustainable and high-performance nonwoven solutions.
- Develop and execute business development strategies to achieve company revenue and growth objectives.
- Identify and research potential clients, markets, and industry trends to target new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers in target industries.
- Present and promote NIRI’s innovative services to potential clients, emphasising their benefits and competitive advantages.
- Collaborate with the technical and laboratory teams to develop customised proposals and presentations for clients, showcasing our capabilities and expertise.
- Writing and presenting high quality technical proposals to customers quickly.
- Cross-sell and up-sell our services using collaborative account management practices.
- Assist in negotiating contracts and agreements, ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes for both NIRI and clients.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of business development activities and initiatives, making data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Represent NIRI at industry events, conferences and exhibitions, networking with potential clients and partners.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to develop targeted marketing materials and campaigns that support business development efforts.
- Provide regular updates and reports to senior management on business development activities and achievements.
Qualifications, experience and qualities:
- PhD or Master’s degree in textiles or materials engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development, sales, or marketing, preferably within the nonwovens or related industries.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully identifying and securing new business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the nonwovens industry, market trends, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Confident in dealing with staff from all levels (inc. CXO, Directors and VPs) and external organisations.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented, with a strong desire to drive growth and success.
- Willingness to travel, as required, to attend industry events and meet with clients.
- Has a real passion for innovation and new product development.
- Intellectually curious and likes to learn and ask questions.
- Sustainability is a strong interest of yours.
- Works well in teams and collaborating with others.
- Open, honest, and trustworthy.
- Adhere to our strict confidentiality policy.
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Work independently and with others.
Innovation is key to our success, so we request and instil idea generation throughout the company at all levels. Creativity, problem solving and developing new concepts is what we live and breathe. Collaboration underpins this, so staff work and move around the organisation working on different projects often more than one at a time. We seek individuals who are curious, ask questions, want to share ideas, and learn. Many of the staff are from a diverse range of scientific backgrounds, so learning from each other is paramount to supporting the development of new products which drive innovation and impact on our success. Learning, development, and support underpin this, so training is core to the business. This is developed through formal training on site, and education through external organisations.
You will be at the forefront of materials and technical textile innovation, working with industry leading experts and representing NIRI on a global basis. NIRI offers a competitive salary, career development and flexible working options, including the opportunity to combine working from home with working from our new facility based in Leeds. A pension, health-care and a performance related bonus scheme also form part of the package.
Salary: £Competitive + Bonus, depending on capability and experience.
To find out more about this role and to submit your application for this role, please contact Tracy Bowler // firstname.lastname@example.org